Everyone wants to make money online and with this thought of working as an independent freelancer on a great marketplace called fiverr, here is the detailed and step by step guide on how to create a fiverr account in 2021? So lets get started into your freelancing journey.
What is fiverr?
Fiverr is a freelance marketplace which allows freelancers from throughout the world to create a profile on their platform and start offering services.
How to create a Fiverr Account?
In order to be able to create a fiverr account, here is the list of steps you should follow.
- Go to Fiverr.com
- Click on the Sign-up button
- Start filling your profile.
- Enter Email Address
- Choose a perfect username
- Enter your password and continue
- Now you need to fill in your information about yourself. Tell people what you do and how you will be going to help them by charging a minimal fee.
- Choose a perfect Profile Picture. Make sure to select a picture in which you do not wear glasses and you should be smiling because profile picture will be the first thing that people will see on your profile when they visit your profile.
With this now you have successfully created your fiverr profile.
It is time for you to tell fiverr that weather you go on fiverr for buying services or for selling your own services.
You will have a button called become a seller. By clicking on that button, you will be redirected to create a profile on fiverr. But you can also go for creating a gig by clicking on your dashboard and then gigs.
When you go to gigs option then you will get an option of creating a gig. Click on create a new gig and then start filling up the information.
How to create an attractive and eye-catching gig on fiverr?
Creating a gig on fiverr simply means that you are going to provide a service about the things that you will mention inside your gig. It is exactly same as an individual product and you can create multiple gigs on a single fiverr account.
Steps in Creating a gig on fiverr:
- Enter a to the point and Eye-catching title to your gig. Then you need to select a category and sub category in which you will be offering your services. It will not be much harder to choose a category and sub category because fiverr will automatically gives you recommendations on which category your gig is falling based on your selected title.
- Then select the services that you will offer. For example, if I need to make a WordPress website gig on fiverr then I will select full website creation, eCommerce website, Google Analytics, Google AdSense and many more things to mention at the time of gig. It will help you in getting good rankings at fiverr.
- Then choose the search tags. Your search tags should be related to the services that you are offering. For example, if I am making a gig on fiverr about creating a website for you then I would go with web design, web development, landing pages etc. tags which will eventually help me getting better rankings.
- Then you can select the pricing of services that you are offering. Fiverr allows 3 packages namely basic, standard and premium. Adjust your pricing structure in such a way that buyers give you a try at start. Don’t overprice or do not set much low price. Set it to medium at the beginning so that you can get work consistently.
- Also, one more thing to note whiling setting up pricing packages is that you should give the benefits based on price of the package. For example, in my web design gig I will make a basic package in which I will create a simple landing page in $10 and in standard I will create a store and install WooCommerce. In premium I will create a full website including WooCommerce, payment gateway integration and many more things but this feature will not be available in basic and standard packages. I hope you understand.
- After setting up the pricing structure, now it is time for you to write your gig description. Writing a gig description is not hard but it plays a vital role and directly affect the behavior of client when it comes to purchasing your gig.
- Try to describe everything that you can about which benefits the clients will get after buying your services/gig. Mention the reason why they should priorities you on other freelancers and what extras you will give them at the beginning.
- It is time for you to upload great gig images. Try to upload professional gig images to impress your clients because when buyers come to your gig then the first thing that they will see will be your gig images. Also, try to mention screenshots of your previous work.
- Once you upload your gig images. If you can make a video explaining about your services in a short time then you should go for it. It will surely get you more clients when you have a professional video on your gig. This option is not mandatory so you can skip this step if you don’t want to make a gig video.
- Then click on publish button and you are done with creating your first gig at fiverr. Your gig will be live now if you followed the exact same steps.
Now you can start bidding on clients request and eventually can get clients by working on daily basis. Remember 1 thing and the thing is that fiverr just allow 10 buyer requests to bid on in 1 day, so don’t waste your bids on the projects that you cannot do. Bid on projects that you are skilled for and once you get a client then try to fulfill their order before time and provide high quality work to get good ratings and reviews.
At the end, I would like to tell you that your success on fiverr is heavily dependent on the time and quality that you are giving there. So, make sure to be available once required and work regularly. At the beginning, you might have the problem of getting no orders but once you got some reviews and good ratings then it will become easy for you.
Give your best at the projects that you are awarded and try to impress clients with high quality work so that they recommend you to their colleagues as well. Good luck and happy freelancing.