Google maps are great to find locations and the nearest cafe etc. But there are some other features in google map you have no idea about. For example, if you are at an unknown location and you want to inform your friend about that location. You can share location code with your friend by using google map. Similarly, google map has some other awesome features. Here, we discuss the google map’s features you didn’t know until today.
6 useful Google map’s features you didn’t know until today:
Share your Plus Code location with others (Android only)
If you are at an unknown location and you have to inform your friends’ exact location where you are. You can send your plus code location to your friends by using google map. To send your location code to follow these steps:
- Open the google map app.
- To indicate where are you, tap the blue dot button.
- Your six-digit code will be shown. Copy that plus code and share it with your friends and family.
If you want to travel to a new location and you didn’t know COVID-19 info at that location. You can get COVID-19 info from google map. Google map shows the number of cases per 100,000 people within seven day’s average with a graph. The graph shows that, is the number of COVID-19 cases increasing or decreasing at a specific location. To use this feature follow these steps:
- Open the google maps app.
- Type name of the place to which you want to travel.
- Tap the square icon on the screen to get more options.
- In the options, you will see the COVID-19 Info option.
- Tap COVID-19 Info, and it will show the COVID-19 Info at that place.
You should zoom out to see better results.
Customize your vehicle icon (iPhone only)
If you are tired of the blue little icon during driving. You can change that icon with the vehicle. The vehicle icon will be more personalized. And it is easy to find a vehicle instead of a little blue icon. But unfortunately, this feature is only available on the iPhone. It will available on Android soon.
You can order online food with google maps. Google maps offer different online ordering services like DoorDash, Postmates, and Delivery.com, etc. You can order food on google maps with the following steps:
- Open the google maps app.
- Search for a restaurant.
- Select online order.
- Select food and payment method.
- Write your location and you will get food at home.
Measure the distance between areas
If you want to know the distance between two locations you can also measure the distance between two places with google maps. It is quite easy to get info about the distance between two places. You can do this with these steps:
- Go to the google maps app.
- Tap on the go icon at the home screen of google maps.
- You will two fields. One is for your current location and the other for your destination. Write your current location and your destination. Google maps will show the distance between them. Even it shows the time taken by vehicle, bike or vehicle, etc to reach that location.
Use Maps indoors
It may a little bit tricky to find restaurants, airports, and other nearby gates. You can do this with google maps. To use this feature, write your desired location and you can zoom in or zoom out google map to explore the nearest shopping malls, restaurants, airports, etc.
Related post: 5 useful google apps you have no idea about 2021